Friday, August 15, 2014

THE CHALLENGES OF AUDIOBOOK NARRATION, PART 9: PUTTING A (WONDERFUL, FORGOTTEN) OLD WINE IN A NEW BOTTLE

Another reposting of an entry recently appearing on the Plum Tree Books page on Facebook.

I’ll keep my offering brief this week, as I spend most of my time these days reconstituting old software design and development skills that have lain dormant for quite some time. But I am still keeping up my audiobook narration and production skills by mining public domain classics available on the Internet, not only to add to future CLASSIC TALES collections, but also to contribute to LibriVox projects currently underway.

In the latter category, I stumbled across this snippet of a novel, penned by an author you may well have never heard of, but who was held in high enough esteem by her peers in the late nineteenth century to have had this excerpt included in one of the volumes of LIBRARY OF THE WORLD'S BEST LITERATURE - ANCIENT & MODERN! Her name is Mary Elizabeth Braddon, and this is an excerpt from her curiously-titled novel, MOHAWKS. (Fans of DOWNTON ABBEY might be particularly entertained by this sample of Braddon’s work!):

No comments:

Post a Comment